Application development is the process of creating a computer program or a set of programs to perform
the different tasks that a business requires. From calculating monthly expenses to scheduling sales
reports, applications help businesses automate processes and increase efficiency. Every app-building
process follows the same
Steps gathering requirements, designing prototypes, testing, implementation, and integration.
Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
The steps included in a systems lifecycle for developing a computer application are:
- Planning: Identifying a need, consideration of solution options, and possibly considering the
features of competing applications.
- Analysis: Documenting the functional requirements for the app and anticipating potential
problems that may be encountered.
- Design: Defining how the app will work and what features and components it will have.
- Construction: This is where the actual programming occurs using the requirements and design
as a guideline.
- Testing: Try out the app looking for errors and confirming that documented requirements are
- Implementation: Making the app available for people to use.
- Support: Monitor user experience. Sometimes recommendations for revisions arise. If those
recommendations are pursued, they will go through the lifecycle also.